The LOCAL GOVERNMENT of MAKATI CITY, under the Makati Social Welfare Department, PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES Welfare Section provide SERVICES and BENEFITS for the PWDs.
- Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) through the organization of PWD Organizations in every Barangay
- Granting of Special Privileges to PWDs:
- PWD Transport ID Card Plus that entitles the cardholder to fare discount on the MRT, LRT, provincial buses and local transport groups.
- PWD Movie ID Card Plus that grants all registered PWDs the privileges of watching movies for free in any Makati theater.
- Continuous provision of mobility aids such as wheelchairs, canes, crutches and walkers.
- Emergency Relief Assistance during calamities.
Provision of Rehabilitation Services
Free therapy is provided to indigent PWDs at the Ospital ng Makati
Community-based rehabilitation in coordination with KASAMA CBR Foundation, an NGO partner
Promotion and advocacy for Legal Rights-Based IssuesPromotion/Awareness on prevention and causes of disability and their rehabilitation during the National Disability Prevention and Rehabilitation Week Celebration
Makati Park and Garden for leisure activities, physical fitness venue, picnics, special occasions, etc.
- Employment assistance through “Tulong Alalay sa mga Taong may Kapansanan”
Republic of the Philippines
DEPARTMENT of HEALTH
Twenty percent (20%) discount in the purchase of all medicines for
the Exclusive Use of PWDs.
PWD Purchase Booklets for Groceries, Free Movies (Makati Only). and Medicines
Currently, after being re-elected, I am now the President of Baranagay Magallanes PWD under the local government of Makati City.
Makati PWD Federation
Makati Persons with Disabilities
Christmas Party 2011